Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bellingrath Gardens, Theodore, Alabama

Since moving here I have been wanting to go to Bellingrath Gardens and I finally got to go during Spring Break. Bellingrath is a 65 acre estate that includes the beautiful gardens, a 10,000 square foot house and a chapel. The kids were really unsure what to expect and completely dreaded the trip. I think they were all pleasantly surprised when we got there. Tucker told me afterwards that he really thought we were just going to a greenhouse.

Our trip was timed perfectly to see the azaleas, they were in full bloom and everywhere. Bellingrath is also open during the Christmas season for a magic in lights display. I'm pretty sure I see another trip in our future come December!

   Although not yet in bloom, this garden was completely filled with rose bushes.
My kids had never seen a pineapple plant and were simply amazed.
The orchids were gorgeous.
Of all the things we saw in the greenhouse, Cutter was most impressed with the John Deere flag.






You can also take a tour of the house, however we decided that Cutter probably would not handle that too well so we chose to tour the gardens only.
Inside the chapel.



I could have spent all day here, it was absolutely perfect!

There is an entire garden with an Asian theme to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment