Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Space Camp

One of the things Sailor has been most looking forward to in 5th grade is the opportunity to attend Space Camp. This is something offered only to those in the gifted program and only to 5th graders. Tucker did not get to attend due to not being tested early enough. Sailor was so excited to have the chance to do something he had not done. I was a nervous wreck knowing she would be gone for three complete days, had to get herself ready each day and to bed each night. It didn't help that each day ran from about 6:30 am until 10 pm due to the amount of activities they had to cram into such a short time frame. I knew she would be exhausted but she was so excited about going.

Packed and ready to go. We had to meet the bus at 5:30 in the morning! 
(Ignore the chaos, this was also in the middle of putting in new floors)
She had no problems or hesitations leaving me. Pretty sure she wasn't even going to tell me bye.
  But I made her pose for a picture and tell me bye.
 I was so thankful for wonderful teachers and parents who sent pictures during the trip. This was during their lunch break on the way to camp.
Sailor apparently loved this and was eager to try anything.
  Building their rockets.
 
Sailor gets motion sickness pretty bad and I was surprised to see her so excited about this ride.
 She also told me how good the food was.
Again, this child has no fear at all. This picture was sent by her teacher, she beat the boys to the top.




Graduation time.
She was a hot mess, but she came home so excited about her trip. She talked non stop all the way home.
So proud of our little Space Camp graduate and so blessed that she had the opportunity to experience something like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment