Wednesday, August 13, 2014

YOLO

We've been here for five years now, and I'm pretty sure that entire time I've been wanting a paddleboard. Probably would have been a good idea to try one out first, but I'm not sure that I've ever done anything on the water that I didn't like, so we jumped in feet first and finally broke down and bought one. My only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner, and that I'm not strong enough to load and unload it myself.

Isn't it beautiful?!
Hank even built us a place to store it and the kayaks both. 
 Taking it out for the first time.
We decided to start in the sound on what we thought was a rather calm day.
Hey Mom!
And each of the kids wanted to give it a try. Tucker has had the opportunity to try paddleboarding before, so we counted on him to give us a few pointers.




 
We weren't sure how Sailor would do so Hank rode with her.


She struggled turning it around and managed to dump both of them in the water.
So she got to practice on her own.

  And if the big kids can do it, then Cutter can too.

I can assure you Hank wasn't far from him, especially since he didn't have his life jacket on.




  Finally, my turn. Turns out that although the water wasn't rough, the current was fairly strong that day and it required more effort than I realized to control it. I can see where this can be quite a workout. Looking forward to getting it in the Gulf!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment