Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Audobon Aquarium of the Americas

This was our second visit to the Aquarium in New Orleans. Cutter doesn't remember going previously and the weekend we happened to be in town was rather chilly so a day inside seemed like the right thing to do.

They have a parakeet exhibit going on right now and as much as Cutter thought he wanted to see the birds, when we actually got inside and they landed on us he pretty much freaked out.
Lots of people were paying to get food sticks to feed the birds. Me being the thrifty mom decided to save that money, good thing I did, otherwise Tucker might have been attacked. He had that many birds on him without a bit of food.
I had a different problem. The birds would continue to land on me and try to go in my purse. Hank had to literally pull a couple out by their tails.

I don't know why but seeing the rays like this always cracks me up, seems to be such a happy little guy.

Sailor and I stood for the longest time trying to determine if this owl was real or not. He was perched high up on some rocks and until he finally moved we were convinced he was fake.
One of our favorites, the sharks. Kelly Simmons, Tucker reminded me that this is the exact species that Ethan swims with, which he named, and that he still has the tooth he gave him. Tucker never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge of marine life. At one tank at the aquarium were some smaller sharks swimming that everyone was calling Hammerheads. Tucker promptly corrected them and told them they were Bonnetheads which is a smaller species.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME!! So glad he had a memorable experience with Ethan. Ethan said tell Tucker he's proud of him! Love & Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete