Friday, April 6, 2012

Atlanta - Zoo Atlanta

The second day we were in Atlanta we had hoped to be able to spend the entire day at Stone Mountain, but apparently mother nature felt differently. It was storming pretty good when we got up, so we got ready and went to a nearby mall for a little retail therapy instead. After some shopping, eating and allowing the storms to pass, we decided to head over to the zoo instead. Perfect decision. Not only had the weather cleared up to be gorgeous, but there were very few people at the zoo.

 You know you've watched too many Disney movies when you start referring to the animals by the character names. This would be Timon, a meerkat.


I am a sucker for a baby, any baby of any kind. So of course this little gorilla is no different. I would have gladly brought him home if his mommy had handed him over.

This was my first time seeing a Giant Panda and I was completely in awe. They are absolutely gorgeous.
I was thrilled when this one came outside to eat and could have stayed there all day watching him.
I'm pretty sure I'm being watched.

Cutter was actually thrilled to finally get to ride a train, he even cried when we had to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment