Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Days

Yesterday was the first day of school for all three of my kids. Tucker's started 6th grade, Sailor started 1st grade and Cutter started pre-k. We actually had a very smooth morning and everyone was up and cooperative. The schools here start at different times to allow the same buses to be used, which means although we have to be up very early for Tucker to catch the bus, I am able to get all the kids ready in shifts. Tucker catches the bus at 6:30 in the morning but was home by 2 yesterday afternoon. I was very worried how Cutter would handle his first day of school since he hasn't been to daycare or anywhere away from me for any length of time, but he had a great day! He was very excited about going and never looked back when I left him and didn't shed one tear, I on the other hand had a harder time leaving him but am so glad I did. I get 4 hours a day 3 days a week with no kids and it's amazing how great that feels. At the end of the day everyone came home very excited about their day and I can only pray that this is the beginning of a wonderful year for all three.

Such a happy toothless grin!

I think his favorite part of school is carrying a backpack.


No comments:

Post a Comment