Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yep, that's really Jim Cantore

Just before Christmas mom and I managed to get over to Destin one day to get in a little last minute shopping. While in Wal-Mart, of all places, we saw a man that looked like Jim Cantore. I kept yelling "excuse me" but he either didn't hear me or chose to avoid me all together. I continued to follow him to the back of the store but he managed to get to the restrooms before I could catch him. I stopped and talked to a young girl that was with him, turned out to be his daughter. She confirmed it was Jim Cantore, and that they were down from Atlanta on vacation. After waiting for him to emerge from the restroom, he happily agreed to a photo with me only to have my mom not know how to take a picture with my phone! So thankful his daughter was able to get the picture for me. For all you Weather Channel fans, not only is he super nice, but he's a little guy as well, not much taller than me. And should he ever mention a crazy Wal-Mart stalker in Florida, that would be me! :)

1 comment: