Monday, January 24, 2011

Heavenly Birthday

Twelve years have come and gone and although some days it feels like a lifetime ago, other days it seems like yesterday. They say time heals all wounds, I think we just learn to deal with the pain and sorrow that we feel. Hank and I feel very special to not only be parents, but to also be the parents of an angel. We love and miss Troy so much but know he is in a better place and certainly with some very special people. I can only hope his day is half as special as he is. Happy Birthday my sweet boy, we love you!


I never got to hear you laugh
you never saw me cry
didnt get a chance to say "Hello"
you never said "Goodbye"
I didn't think that I could feel
so sad, lost and forlorn.
I never knew God chose his Angels
before some of them were born.
Your life was short yet special
I shared it all exclusively
I felt you breathe, I felt you kick.
You were alive inside of me.
Every baby is an Angel
and every angel is divine
God needed one in heaven
He came down and took mine
And although we are not together
we're not really apart
for you'll always occupy a space
deep within my heart.
Time has begun to ease my pain
It's only some days now I cry.
When I wish I could have said "Hello"
and heard you say "Goodbye"
~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. I have his birthday on my calendar! Such a special boy! I bet he's running barefoot with Grandaddy Ap, Fishing with Uncle Claud and singing with all of our other angels watching over us! Love to you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy and I both have to agree with Meg on this one....he has Grandaddy Ap, and Uncle Claud running in circles.....so so sorry, and we love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is BB Hopkins, one of Teresa's friends from Columbia. I have been reading your blog for quite a while, your family is beautiful! I started to cry when I read this blog, I am sorry for the loss of your son. I admire your strength. Just by reading your blog, I can tell you're a great mother, your children are very blessed! May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete