Monday, October 26, 2009

You've got mail...

With everything going on in Afghanistan right now I thought it would be a nice time for me to give an update on Hank. He seems to be getting along just fine. I have to confess that I usually don't worry about him, but this past week I got a little concerned when I read there had been an earthquake over there. At that point, I honestly had no idea where in Afghanistan Hank was located. Luckily he was able to respond to my email to let me know that he was fine and either they weren't affected by the earthquake or he slept right through it. He says they don't get the news, so when I read or hear about something going on, I usually drop him an email and just ask for a response that he is safe. They are staying quite busy and are working on a fairly large concrete project. He says the weather is turning colder, getting in the 20's at night and are anticipating snow within the next month. He is getting packages and mail on a regular basis and we greatly appreciate everything everyone is doing. Uncle Larry and Andy, a huge thank you to the both of you. You have helped fill a void for him this year. He always looked forward to Granddaddy's mail, and he says that getting mail from the both of you is as entertaining as his always were. He is quite generous with his packages, as I'm sure they all are, and share what they receive with everyone else. So not only is everyone helping look out for Hank, but also for the rest of the guys he's over there with.

The kids all received mail from Hank today, their first since he left. They were quite excited. The letters were all dated October 8, so it is taking a couple of weeks for us to receive mail from him, however, I recently mailed a package and it only took one week for him to receive it. As you can see, Cutter really enjoyed getting the chance to open his own mail!

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious...we pray for him and all of you constantly!!

    ReplyDelete