Friday, September 20, 2013

Turtle Release

For my birthday this year I decided to go share in an event that isn't often shared with the public, the release of a rehabilitated sea turtle. This particular turtle had been caught by a fisherman and the Gulfarium had treated her until she was ready to be released back into the sound. I hated that the kids had school that day but decided I was still going to go watch. It turned out to be a much larger crowd than I had anticipated and even a couple of news crews.


They did a great job of sitting the turtle down in the container and letting the kids all come get a close up view of her before her release.
I wish I had videotaped the release as well. Her little flippers were going crazy the closer she got to the water, I'm pretty sure she was ready to go.

And just like that she was back where she belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment