Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas at The Commons

I love Destin, but I especially love Destin at Christmas time. If you have never been to a Bass Pro Shop, Christmas is the best time to visit. Not only do they allow you to take your own photos of the kids visiting Santa but they give you a FREE picture to take home, unheard of these days. They also have many activities set up for kids (big and little) to play. We planned this trip on a school night and it couldn't have been better timing. We did not have to wait in line to visit with Santa and the kids got the entire toy section to themselves!

My kids always like to work on a list of things they want and then take it to Santa. Sailor is going over her list with him.
I know Tucker is getting big but until times like this I just don't realize how big he really is. :(
Cutter didn't have a list so Tucker let him give Santa his list, such a nice brother. Cutter also told Santa that daddy needed a big boat and mommy needed a ring, such a thoughtful little boy!
My kids would have stayed all night playing with the toys.
Look Daddy, I found what I want for Christmas!
Sailor working on a craft project.
The finished product, a bunny ornament.
Target practice.
Hank and Cutter getting in a little racing. Hank had some biopsies done earlier in the day so he was covered in band-aids!

Sailor and I showing the boys how it's done. I'm proud to say I scored as well as Hank did. :)
After our visit to Bass Pro, we went down to Build a Bear. Normally I wouldn't let the kids have anything this close to Christmas but we had a coupon for a free animal so we let Cutter build his own animal. He was the only one that had never built before and he was quite excited.

Giving his monkey a heart.
Sailor helped him get his monkey all cleaned up.
The 50 foot Christmas tree at The Commons. It's lights change and blink with the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment