Monday, February 28, 2011

New Orleans

For the recent long weekend (Presidents Day) we decided to head over to New Orleans for our first ever visit. Come to find out, we are only 3 1/2 hours from New Orleans and since it was such an easy drive, we are already looking forward to the next time we can visit. We called and met up with Tootsie while we were in town and I'm so glad we did. Nothing like having a guide that lives there! We arrived Saturday just before lunch and went to a place called Frankie & Johnnies for lunch, it was wonderful! Tucker and Hank were thrilled to have alligator nuggets, they enjoy trying new things.
For those that have never been, this is Tootsie's house, it is adorable!
I could have spent hours on end driving and admiring the houses, absolutely beautiful.



I had hoped to get to visit some of the local cemeteries but the one we stopped at happened to be closed on Sundays. Oh well, guess I put that on the agenda for the next trip.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I bet Tootsie loved having you for a visit. I want to go visit, her house looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete